Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us . . . Hebrews 12:1

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us . . . " Hebrews 12:1



Almost 18 years ago, life changed in an instant when Steven Sauder sustained a head injury after a car collision. Although there have been many difficulties, God's grace has been clearly evident. The past few years, Steven continued to decline, yet God gave him the strength to "never give up". On May 9, 2011, he reached the end of his journey.



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Forty-four years ago, Steven and I were both attending the same college. He was tutoring me in chemistry, since most in my college class were starting with at least a couple more years of chemistry than I had. I was bubbling over with the wonder of being a fairly new Christian, and Steven was sick to death of me talking about Jesus. On the way over to meet me for a tutoring session, he decided it was the last time we were going to get together. This crazy chick could go her own way and take her preaching along with her.

God, however, had other ideas. Close to midnight that night, Steven found himself on a 3-hr drive home to tell his parents that he had chosen to put his faith in Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God, come to earth to live and die a cruel death in punishment for Steven's sin and to rise victorious over the grave and over Satan forever.

Thus began the journey of faith that culminated on May 9, 2011, at 1:45am, in actually seeing face to face this God Whom he had grown to know so well and love so deeply for so many years.

Part of my Bible reading a couple days ago was: "For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4 Amplified Bible

Through these 17+ years since Steven's severe traumatic brain injury, this faith conquered the overwhelming darkness and filled him with a spirit of praise.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are better. I hope you are getting to spend lots of time with your family as you all adjust to Steve going on ahead for now. I miss him, even though I have not been around you two for so many years. I was thinking about how Steve used to ask me what Kent was like, how he and I related as a couple, what Kent liked to do. I told my sister that I wondered if they have had a chance to meet yet. We grieve, but not as those who have no hope.

    Love, Genny

    ReplyDelete