Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us . . . Hebrews 12:1

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us . . . " Hebrews 12:1



Almost 18 years ago, life changed in an instant when Steven Sauder sustained a head injury after a car collision. Although there have been many difficulties, God's grace has been clearly evident. The past few years, Steven continued to decline, yet God gave him the strength to "never give up". On May 9, 2011, he reached the end of his journey.



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sorry I haven't posted. Life has been a bit of a blur of "must get done immediately" stuff with lots of decisions. My Bible reading this morning was about Abraham telling his servant that "He will send His angel before you" to find a wife for Isaac. (Gen. 24:7) Two things stood out: (1)the simple faith of Abraham, and (2)the fact that He sends His angel before me, also.

Speaking of Bible reading, I promised to start sharing some of Steven's....

Sept. 20, 2005
Eph. 6:11 "Put on the full armor of God."

Lord,
There is a battle raging. But Your armor is more than I need. All I must do is put it on - constantly - and never take it off.
In Jesus,
Amen

October 25, 2005
1 Timothy 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain"

Lord,
So often I value something that is really nothing. You are everything. With You in my life and showing You to others - I am content.
In Jesus,
Amen

March 18, 2006
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid; just believe."

Lord,
This disease has brought fear into my life. But You have total control over everything - hence I have no fear.
In Jesus
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment